Monday, July 7, 2014

"You’re doing what?" – Why I Decided to Self-Publish My Next Series

So I wrote a guest blog post for the always amazing Civilian Reader about why I decided to hitch my star to the indie author steamroller.

This is the most I've ever talked about my decision to go self-pub (there's an unwritten rule in publishing that you don't discuss business decisions in public, which is one of the big reasons the industry seems so mysterious). I admit, there's very little drama, which is kind of the point of the post actually. Still, I hope you'll find it interesting!

And on that note, my new novel Nice Dragons Finish Last, come out in less than ten days!!

As the smallest dragon in the Heartstriker clan, Julius survives by a simple code: stay quiet, don’t cause trouble, and keep out of the way of bigger dragons. But this meek behavior doesn't cut it in a family of ambitious predators, and his mother, Bethesda the Heartstriker, has finally reached the end of her patience. 

Now, sealed in human form and banished to the DFZ--a vertical metropolis built on the ruins of Old Detroit--Julius has one month to prove to his mother that he can be a ruthless dragon or lose his true shape forever. But in a city of modern mages and vengeful spirits where dragons are seen as monsters to be exterminated, he’s going to need some serious help to survive this test. 

 He only hopes humans are more trustworthy than dragons.
You can read the first three chapters here to get a taste of what's coming July 15! Thank you everyone for reading, and I hope you enjoy my guest post

Yours,
Rachel

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Where can I buy this book? I can't find it on Amazon or Barnes and Noble. I'm a huge fan of yours and really want this!

Rachel Aaron said...

Hey Nikki!

Nice Dragons comes out July 15! I can't offer pre-orders since I'm self publishing this series, but on July 15 the ebook should appear on Amazon, Barnes & Nobel, Kobo, and hopefully Apple iBookstore. We'll be doing a print version shortly after (print takes longer to put together!)

Thank you so so so much for reading and I hope you'll pick up Nice Dragons when it comes out :D

Tabitha (Pabkins) said...

I'm so excited for you - I'm off to read the guest article now!

pubg mobile said...



Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites!
pubg mobile apk
pubg lite
pubg apk
pubg mobile lite
pubg

chilbro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faisal Amin said...

pubg apk
pubg mod apk
pubg mobile hack
pubg themes
pubg ringtone download

pc gamer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pc gamer said...

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites!
APK Apps for fire stick
whatsapp war apk
whatsapp yo apk
whatsapp faud apk
whatsapp latest gb apk

Abraham said...

good post am impressed
gb whatsapp
whatsapp mod

pc gamer said...

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post.
download pubg ringtone song for android device
pubg mobile hack
why pubg mobile hack
whatsapp mod apk
whatsapp gb apk
pubg whatsapp group

Ricky R said...

Good Post Amm Impressed
Muzamil
gb whatsapp apk

Ricky Ricky said...


Rushian girls pictures
Hot indian Girls
Dating Online
Macthing online
uk online registration
USA Dating Girls
Asian Girls Matching

Ricky R said...

types of insurance

sammad ali said...

واتساب بلس
seo agency
seo super
coolmath
cool math games
cool math games download
coolmath apk

Ricky R said...

Fullforms
Fullforms
Fullforms
Fullforms

APKVOW said...

Thanks for sharing these amazing post https://packagessite.pk/ufone-internet-packages/